Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Can't miss races of 2013 at NCR

The new schedule for Norman County Raceway was released a few weeks ago on their website and its one that certainly impresses. I'm not gonna run down the entire schedule for you because that would be dumb. Instead I'm just gonna highlight some of the "can't miss" races for 2013. If you're greasy little hearts desire to see the full schedule, go www.ncraceway.com. Otherwise just know that they race Thursday nights at 7pm.

RV Mod Tour 5/23/13
This made an appearance at NCR last year and it was a huge hit! The RV Mod tour packed the pits with 48 of the best Modified drivers in the area (plus all the other classes). That was also the night Dustin Strand pulled a dive bomb on Cody Skytland in turn 3 to take away the final transfer spot and avoided having to go to the B-Main. Needless to say Cody wasn't happy and they ended up taking each other out later on in A-Main anyways. There was a ton of great racing that night and I expect the same this year. Jason Thoennes looks to repeat again this year.

Any race during the Norman County Fair 6/19/13 - 6/23/13
This year's Norman County Fair got extended an extra day, which is awesome because I can now eat way too many Cheese Curds 5 days in a row. But it also means more grandstand events. Wednesday night features the 1st of 3 NLRA Late Model events on the NCR calendar this year. Thursday night will feature regular racing. However there "B-Mod Blitz" scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, which I assume means increased purse, which also probably means more cars...better racing....more crashing....ya know if you're in to that kind of thing. The 150 lap Enduro race is Friday. Saturday is weird. There will be an ATV mud run to start the day, then there's return of the BAJA racing.....and get this.....School Bus racing. Yup. Also some Go-Kart racing too. Literally a little bit of everything. Sunday will host the Northern Outlaw Super Demo Derby. I know the numbers have been down in the past for the demo derby, but I'm told this sanction brings in a lot of cars. Also the Norman County Fair's Demo Derby is the longest running Demo Derby in the state. True Story. Don't go home once the races are over with during the fair. The beer garden should have some sort of entertainment every night. And make sure to buy me a beer on Thursday night. (my birthday)

NOSA Sprint Cars 6/27/13
I'm not sure when the last time I saw sprint cars at NCR, but I'm pretty sure Chris Shirek was still a teenager, and Wade Nygaard was the favorite to win even with Mark Dobmeier in the field. Either way it's good to see them come back. They absolutely FLY around this track. Just the sound they makes me get all tight in the pants. Also keep in mind, I've heard rumors of a certain famous sprint car driver making an appearance. And no, I don't mean Brad Pake. Although I think we should all start a campaign to get Pake back in a sprint car for just this race. Anyways, you don't want to miss out. I would guess that Sprint Cars will reach speeds of 130mph or more on the straights.

Also come check out the other 2 NLRA late model specials on 7/18 and 8/8. Plus the regular racing is fantastic too.

And a big thanks to everyone for the positive feedback from the previous blogs. I'll continue to plug away at them over the spring/summer/fall. The NCR banquet/ kick off event is April 13th and I'll probably have a write up on that.


Photo of the Day: Brad Pake is his #53 Arctic Cat Sprint Car.

No comments:

Post a Comment