Monday, June 3, 2013

6-3 Racing on the Radio News and Notes

A couple of tidbits I feel you should all be aware of.

First, Mother Nature is a being a prick. This is the 6th week of racing at NCR and we've gotten in just one race. I typically don't make it to many other tracks just because of scheduling conflicts and what not, but I think I'm gonna have to head on over to BRRP sometime soon. It's only a 30 minute trip from Ada and press gets in free....right? And free nachos? Beer? Right....


I will not be hosting the Thursday night Racing on the Radio broadcast at NCR this week. I will be in Detroit, headbanging and mosh pitting to the soothing sounds of Metallica. I realize you are now saddened beyond belief, but when your significant other asks you to go to Metallica with her...you go to Metallica with her. Kevin Kochmann will be running the broadcast along with Mike Spieker and Birk too like usual. Prerace is at 6:45pm.

My 1st "Racing on the Radio" column will appear in the Norman County Index this week. I may post it online at a later date, but I'd rather you buy the damn paper. This week I feature Andy Wagner and his "Race for a Cure" car. I won't tell you what next week's article is about, but I'll give you a hint. It'll be titled "No Stranger to Racing." I am pretty honored at the chance to write for the paper. I can officially say I've worked in TV, radio, and now print media.

Photo of the day: This was the 1x Midwest Mod of Scott Bintz before he took a last lap tumble in Huron a few weeks ago. He still finished 2nd however and was ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment