Thursday, June 13, 2013

6-13-13 ROTR News and Notes

Greetings! Its good to be back in good ol' Minnesota! Sounds like I missed some stellar racing last week, but I'm back now and ready for some action!

Tonight is "Meet and Greet" Night at Norman County Raceway. Fans will get a chance during intermission to get up close and personal with the drivers and their cars. Which more than likely means an extended intermission as well. Green flag is at 7pm. We'll have radio coverage as usual. Prerace show starts at 6:45. We will be covering next Wednesday's NLRA special as well.

This Saturday at 6pm marks the season opener for the Six Pack 1000 Enduro series at the Mahnomen Fair Grounds. I think I'm announcing it? Nobody has talked to me yet....so I can not confirm that. Next Friday the Enduro series continues at NCR.

Donny Schatz announced he will be appearing in a late model at NCR next Wednesday as part of the NLRA series. He will also be appearing at River Cities Speedway next Friday in both a late model AND a NOSA Sprint Car.  Schatz will appear at NCR in a Sprint Car on the 27th of June and then in late model a few more times after.

For those listening to the radio broadcast tonight, you may notice a difference in the quality of the commercials. Previously we have played ads out of my laptop at the track, but tonight we'll be using smart touch, which allows me to play the ads from the studio while being at the race track. Please feel free to tweet me (@MCAskelson) or message me if the levels between me and the ads are way off.

Thanks to those that have been reading my newspaper articles in the Norman County Index!

And lastly, thoughts and prayer go out to the family of Jason Leffler, a NASCAR driver who died last night while racing sprint cars in Bridgeport, NJ. Sometimes we forget how dangerous of a sport this really is even with all the advancements in safety.

That's all for now! I'll see ya at the track!
PS...next Thursday is my birthday, somebody buy me a race car.

PHOTO OF THE DAY: Ol' School pic of Mitch Johnson's 00 Late Model, thanks to Corey Litton for the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment