Wednesday, May 29, 2013

5-29-13 News, Notes, Announcements!

So there's a lot going on right now so I'll sum it all one big ass blog. First on the agenda.....

Season Opener notes
It was a long one, but a good one. Great racing in most of the classes, especially the street stocks. However a long delay made for an irritable crowd for a while. I was running out of things to talk about as the officials were puzzled trying to figure out the line ups for the Modified B-Mains. It all stemmed because one car raced in the wrong heat and threw everything out of whack. It was the 1st race of the year, so I'll chalk it up to the fact that shit happens.

Other misc. notes from opening night and beyond...
-Tyler Peterson has a fast car. He's ran into some tough luck, and he is young yet, but he's going to give Travis Saurer a run for his money.
-Dustin Strand literally drove himself off the track last week. Worse yet is he had made his way to a top 6 transfer spot from the back of a B-main. So instead of easing up and being grateful for making a transfer spot, he continued, for lack of a better term, to drive the piss out of his race car. It's a bummer he ended his night on the backside of 3 and 4 versus being a serious contender for the A-main.
-I ate my Nachos at a record setting pace. I wasn't even in a hurry. I just love Nachos. I'm also a big fan of licking the leftover cheese after the chips are all gone, but you really didn't need to know that.
-Cody Erickson has a new nickname..."the High Side Hustler." He also promised to win on my birthday...which is June 20th.
-Tim Shiek took a tumble at BRRP this last weekend in his 31x Pure Stock...and it was captured with an onboard camera...watch it here
-Tomorrow night's Racing on the Radio coverage might be delayed because of a softball/baseball game. So if we're late getting on air that's why.

and I promised a big announcement...so here it is
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Racing on the Radio is coming to the newspaper! The Norman County Index to be more specific. Look for a racing column from me most every week starting this coming Tuesday, June 4th. I'll be writing some driver profiles and special interest type stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment